Manufacturing Task Force
Mid and East Antrim Borough Council’s Manufacturing Task Force (MTF) is an industry-led collaboration aimed at ensuring that Mid and East Antrim has a prosperous future as the home of world class, innovative advanced manufacturing.
The collaboration has brought together the expertise and skills of more than 65 representatives from manufacturing companies, industry bodies and other sectors. It aims to support the continued growth of the sector through collaborative actions to tackle common issues.
One of the biggest challenges facing manufacturing businesses is the onset of industry 4.0 technologies. It is essential that businesses explore and adopt these technologies in order to continue to improve productivity and keep the competitive edge that NI manufacturing has held for nearly half a century.
Since its inception, the MTF has achieved the following:
- Funding secured for a Collaborative Growth Programme to address skills issues in the sector;
- Funding proposal to develop a project on zero carbon emissions within the local area submitted;
- Development and launch of an Assured Skills Academy in Supply Chain, Procurement and Logistics, piloted in 2020 in conjunction with Northern Regional College.
- Hosting the prestigious Professor Brian Cox Science Summer School, as part of a collaborative vision for the area to nurture future talent.
- Rapid Redundancy Response following the Wrightbus administration, including supporting 470 workers with a redundancy information session, and working closely with private and public sector partners to offer 2,400 live job vacancies to those affected;
- The launch of a NI wide Buy and Supply portal, which aims to simplify the supply chain connections for local manufacturing firms. Click here for more info
- Funding secured for a Collaborative Growth Programme to address Industry 4.0 technologies and Productivity challenges in the Borough.
- Rapid response to COVID – 19 including:
- Company engagement;
- Signposting to financial support;
- Tailored advice and guidance; and
- Bespoke webinars and masterclass sessions.