The South West Carrickfergus area presents a range of commercial, logistics and manufacturing opportunities across two key areas: Shore Commercial Park and Trooperslane Industrial Estate.
Shore Commercial Park is c118 acres in total and includes a mix of warehouse, industrial and office accommodation as well as opportunities for new build industrial units. The site also includes greenfield land zoned for employment within the Area Plan. The park is home to companies such as Yodel, FG Wilson and Co-op.
The Trooperslane Industrial Estate also presents a range of opportunities for Invest NI client companies, with the c100 acre site providing existing and prospective investors with access to high quality industrial, manufacturing, warehousing and office accommodation and development sites with access to 11kva electricity supply and telecoms ducting. The industrial estate is home to companies such as Ryobi Aluminium Casting, Yelo Ltd and Abbey Upholsterers.
Both sites are zoned for industrial and employment use within the Area Plan.
Both sites fall within the NI Gas Supply Network with provision for domestic and commercial gas supply in the area. The sites are also serviced by Northern Ireland Electricity Networks. Northern Ireland Water is responsible for all domestic and commercial water and sewage services in the area.
- Access to Michelin Development Fund providing grants for international companies setting up in the area with a viable expansion proposition to create sustainable jobs;
- Strong manufacturing track record in the area, including access to existing manufacturing supply chain and skilled labour;
- MEA ranked No.1 in Northern Ireland for processing planning applications. On average 7 weeks processing time, well within the NI target of 15 weeks;
- Wrap-around business support programmes available through Mid and East Antrim Borough Council including; Business growth mentoring, planning policy advice and support, skills academies and a property investment programme;
- Invest NI business growth support programmes including access to mentoring, financing and export markets;
- Strong links with academic institutions including Queens University, Ulster University and industry focused Regional Colleges.